Thermal screening case study
Legrand Mexico FacilitiesGet a quote
Scylla Fever Screening AI technology was deployed at Legrand facilities in Mexico. The goal was to accurately measure employees’ body temperature at the entrance when they report to their duties at the facility. The thermal screening process was required to be non-invasive and fast. The system was integrated with the local attendance reporting system and adjusted to the requested alerting/reporting flow.
- To accurately measure human temperature and screen for employees at the Legrand facility in Mexico.
- To scan and detect elevated body temperature of employees individually at the entrance when they report to their duties at the facility.
- To run thermal screening safely without exposing the facility personnel to potentially infected individuals.
- To conduct automated face mask usage detection and report in case of non-compliance.
- To trigger mobile app alerts and email reports in case of violation of the COVID-19 protective measures.
- To be able to generate reports and statistics based on gathered information.
- Scylla Thermal Screening AI was deployed in 2 factory entrance locations with more than 1500+ employees entering each facility daily.
- Temperature reading accuracy verified with medical grade hand-held thermometer <0.4 °C.
- With rapid thermal screening the AI surveillance solution is causing little to none intervention in the daily routine.
- Comes with an easy and clear interface that provides intuitive operation flow, clear alerting and reporting tools, and minimal involvement from security personnel.
- Customizable integration with existing Access Control Systems.
- We have effectively proven that in Scylla controlled conditions and with Scylla AI calibration the blackbody unit is obsolete.
Vice President Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing
Company/Organization: Legrand North Central America
Deployment Facility: Legrand Mexico Facilities
Your problem and Scylla’s solution
We have conducted tests alongside other solutions, as well as various handheld thermometers. Overall we are pleased with the performance of the product. We are especially pleased with the service and support from Scylla. Scylla was very supportive in meeting our requirements pertaining to technology, logistics, and product.
Describe specific points you are satisfied with the performance of the software and the relevant features
We like the product because of its consistency, flexibility, and productivity. We conducted a statistical sampling and comparison of means and determined that the Scylla product correlated with others. We like the Scylla product because of its flexible features and the fact that the product is agnostic to the camera unit. One can customize one’s needs by using either a standard camera or a more sophisticated camera unit. Finally, the Scylla product allows us to be more productive by freeing up manpower that was originally used to manually take temperatures of incoming personnel into our sites.