Muscat international airport case study
Oman Airports Management CompanyGet a quote
Scylla integration with Hik Thermal Cameras
Scylla Thermal Screening was deployed at various locations of Oman Airports in Oman. The objective was to run mass body temperature checks at the entrance of the facility. The fever screening process was expected to be hassle-free, non-contact, and fast. The system was adjusted to the requested alerting/reporting flow.
- To conduct accurate and rapid thermal screening at the airport facilities.
- To scan and detect elevated body temperature of employees individually at the entrance when they report to their duties at the facility.
- To do this safely without exposing facility personnel into the risk of coming in close contact with potentially infected individuals.
- To detect if face mask usage is observed and report in case of COVID-19 protective measures violation.
- To deliver the violation cases to mobile devices as well as in the form of email reports.
- To be able to generate reports and statistics based on gathered information.
- Scylla AI was deployed in 4 airports at the entrance locations with more than 12000+ employees, stakeholders, concessions, and passengers entering and leaving airport facilities daily.
- Temperature reading accuracy verified with a medical-grade hand-held thermometer <0.4 °C.
- With 1-2 seconds of body temperature measurement per person, the thermal screening solution is causing little to none intervention in the daily routine of working processes.
- Comes with an easy and clear interface that provides intuitive operation flow, clear alerting and reporting tools, and minimal interaction.
- Future Customizable integration with existing Access Control Systems.
- We have effectively proven that in Scylla controlled conditions and with Scylla AI calibration the blackbody unit is obsolete.
Ali Mohammed Al Barwani
Chief Information Officer
Country: OMAN, MUSCAT
Company/Organization: Oman Airports
Deployment Facility: Muscat International Airport
Your problem and Scylla’s solution
We have conducted tests alongside other solutions, as well as various handheld thermometers. Overall we are pleased with the performance of the product. We are especially pleased with the service and support from Scylla. Scylla was very supportive in meeting our requirements pertaining to technology, logistics, and product.
Describe specific points you are satisfied with the performance of the software and the relevant features
We like the product because of its: consistency, flexibility, and productivity. We conducted a statistical sampling and comparison of means and determined that the Scylla product correlated with others. We like the Scylla product because of its flexible features and the fact that the product is agnostic to the camera unit. One can customize one’s needs by using either a standard camera or a more sophisticated camera unit. Finally, the Scylla product allows us to be more productive by freeing up manpower that was originally used to manually take temperatures of incoming personnel into our sites.