Muscat international airport case study
Oman Airports Management CompanyGet a quote
Scylla integration with Hik Thermal Cameras
Scylla Body Temperature Detection deployed at various locations of Oman Airports in Oman. The objective was to accurately measure employees’ and passenger’s temperature at the entrance of the facility. The measurement process was expected to be hassle-free, non-contact, and fast. The system was adjusted to the requested alerting/reporting flow.
- To accurately measure human temperature and screen for employees at the Legrand facility in Mexico.
- To scan and detect elevated body temperature of employees individually at the entrance when they report to their duties at the facility.
- To do this safely without exposing facility personnel into risk of coming into close contact with potential infected individuals.
- To detect if social rules - wearing of masks in this case - are observed and report in case of violation.
- To deliver the violation cases to mobile devices as well as in the form of email reports.
- To be able to generate reports and statistics based on gathered information.
- Deployed in 4 airports at the entrance locations with more than 12000+ employees, stakeholders, concessions, and passengers entering and exit facilities daily.
- Temperature reading accuracy verified with a medical-grade hand-held thermometer <0.4 °C.
- With 1-2 seconds of measurement time per person, the solution is causing little to none intervention in the daily routine of working processes.
- Comes with an easy and clear interface that provides intuitive operation flow, clear alerting and reporting tools, and minimal interaction form users.
- Future Customizable integration with existing Access Control Systems.
- We have effectively proven that in Scylla controlled conditions and with Scylla AI calibration the blackbody unit is obsolete.
Ali Mohammed Al Barwani
Chief Information Officer
Country: OMAN, MUSCAT
Company/Organization: Oman Airports
Deployment Facility: Muscat International Airport
Your problem and Scylla’s solution
We have conducted tests alongside other solutions, as well as various handheld thermometers. Overall we are pleased with the performance of the product. We are especially pleased with the service and support from Scylla. Scylla was very supportive in meeting our requirements pertaining to technology, logistics, and product.
Describe specific points you are satisfied with the performance of the software and the relevant features
We like the product because of its: consistency, flexibility, and productivity. We conducted a statistical sampling and comparison of means and determined that the Scylla product correlated with others. We like the Scylla product because of its flexible features and the fact that the product is agnostic to the camera unit. One can customize one’s needs by using either a standard camera or a more sophisticated camera unit. Finally, the Scylla product allows us to be more productive by freeing up manpower that was originally used to manually take temperatures of incoming personnel into our sites.